The Automobile Headrest Strength Tester is intended to satisfy the requirements of FMVSS 202. It includes the mechanical test machinery and a separate, floor standing, P.C. based Control & Data Acquisition system. The entire system operates on 115 V.A.C. electrical power (other voltages available).
The Automobile Headrest Strength Tester is available in Hydraulic or Electric configurations.
This is a very rigid machine for testing the ultimate strength of up to three headrest assemblies concurrently on a single bench seat.
- The machine shown has all hydraulic movements controlled by simple double-solenoid directional valves and compensated regulators.
- Only the table lift is electric. The test surface is 1 inch (25.4mm) thick ground steel with a 4 inch (101.6mm) array of ½” – 13 holes tapped through it.
- Both the height and in/out movements of the test surface are adjustable relative to the “H” point pivots on the three test stations.
- Only the center station has an adjustment for “H” point alignment up and down, and in and out relative to the outer two test station “H” points.
- The outer two stations can be moved laterally relative to the center station for occupant spacing.
- All set-up movements include locking means after positioning to eliminate displacement “chuck”.
The Control & Data Acquisition system allows the operator to select how many stations will be in use and all the other test parameters. Once set-up, the machine movements are very slow and allow the operator time to observe test sample deflections in real time.
- All data is saved in the P.C. and plotted on the display after completion of the test.
- There are many options for plotting using standard pull-down menus.
- The final graphical result can be printed on the plain paper color ink jet printer, which is also housed within the console.
- This test data can also be saved or downloaded onto any other suitable P.C. type format.
Generally, this destructive test system is simple to both set-up and operate. Technicians that are P.C. literate will have little trouble learning how to operate the software.
To learn more about this product, please contact email@example.com or give us a call at 616-846-6530.