6 Station Dry Fog Tester
6-Station Dry Fog Tester
The Schap 6-Station Dry Fog Tester is SAE J1756 compliant and is used for simulating environments where fogging may occur. Primary testing uses range from materials used in automotive interiors to components for insulated glass window panes.
Our Made in the USA fog tester uses six stations to accommodate a large range of test samples. The non-fluid cooling and heating systems use reliable solid state technologies. This eliminates the mess and expense of thermal fluids while still providing excellent thermal control and maximum uptime.
Solid state silicon heaters give you the reliability and dependability you need and expect from Schap Specialty Machine. Clear digital displays allow the operator to see the test status. The hinged pop-up lid makes for easy test setup, sample change over, and clean up time. This results in a lower competitive purchase price, dependable operation and lower operating costs.
The operating specifications include dry heated test wells with a range of 30°C to 120°C, Condensing plates with a temperature range of 20°C to 40°C. The set points are calibrated to within 0.5°C and the set point repeatability is ± 0.2°C. The proven Hart/Fluke solid state controller technology, and solid state silicon heaters give you the reliability and dependability you need and expect from Schap Specialty Machine.
Dry Test Environment
- Oil-free design– No mess, no expensive thermal fluids
- Uses 400ml (with adapter) and 1 liter beakers
- Quick sample change-over, no need for cleanup
- Low operating costs
- Safely change over test samples without oil burns
- Narrow countertop footprint
About VOC’s :
“BY NATURE VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS (VOC) EASILY EVAPORATE FROM A LARGE VARIETY OF NATURAL AND MANMADE MATERIALS.
THE SMELL YOU MAY ASSOCIATE WITH FRESH PAINT, ADHESIVES OR OTHER BUILDING MATERIALS AND THAT “NEW CAR SMELL” ARE ALL COMPOSED OF VOCS.
THE TERM “FOGGING” PRIMARILY REFERS TO THE EVAPORATED VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS OF VINYL (PVC), TEXTILES OR LEATHER CONDENSING ONTO GLASS.”
This item is available for purchase, rent or lease to own.
|Dimensions||480 × 660 × 430 mm|
- Beaker size: 1 liter (optional 400ml with conversion inserts)
- Glass plate size: 110mm x 110mm x 3mm
- Power Consumption: 120VAC 60hz, 1,800 watts
- Heating time from ambient to 85C: 60 minutes
- Heating time from ambient to 100C: 85 minutes
- Heating time from ambient to 110C: 90 minutes
- Temperature Control Accuracy: +/- 0.5C
- Temperature stability: +/-0.02C
- Cooling time to ambient: 4 hours
- Cooling time with Schap Rapid Cooler: 2 hours
- Dry Weight: 88Kg
- Dimensions: 48cm wide x 66cm deep x 43cm tall
- Shipping Weight: 113Kg
- Shipping Dimensions: 71cm wide x 89cm deep x 76cm tall in custom shipping crate
“Determination of the windscreen fogging characteristics of trim materials in motor vehicles”
DIN EN 14288
“Leather - physical and mechanical tests - determination of fogging characteristics”
“Rubber- or plastic coated fabrics - determination of fogging characteristics of trim materials in the interior of automobiles”
“Determination of the fogging characteristics and interior automotive materials”
DIN 75201-B; ISO 17071; DIN EN 14288-B; ISO 6452-B; SAE J 1756:PV 3015GME 60326-A; GMW 3235-B:TSM05036-B:D45 1727
DIN 75201-A; DIN EN 14288-A; ISO 6452-A:PV 3015; PV 3920:TSM05036-B; D45 1727
DIN 75201-A:HES D6508-95 MS 300-54