Automotive Trim Wrinkle Tester
Schap’s Automotive Trim Wrinkle Tester is available in either a pneumatic bench-top machine or manual version. They are used in determining how well a trim covering material will conform to complex shapes.
The pneumatic bench-top machine features five (5) hemispheres with diameters of 90 mm, 110 mm, 130 mm, 150 mm, and 170 mm. Each hemisphere has a matching gauge plate with circular openings of 74mm, 91mm, 108 mm, 124 mm, and 141 mm. The manual version features gauge plates with inside diameters of 150 mm, 170 mm, 190 mm, 210 mm, 230 mm, 250 mm, 270 mm, and 290 mm.
Each hemisphere is threaded to allow attachment to the air cylinder that raises the sample until it is stretched and compressed between the hemisphere and matching gage plate. The material’s ability to conform to the complex shape is visually evaluated when the hemisphere is in its raised position. The stroke speed of the air cylinder is adjustable as is the final compressive force.
Automotive Trim Wrinkle Tester Features:
- Mechanical components are constructed of Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Durable Powder Coat and Anodized finishes
- Programmable count-up controller with automatic stop
- Adjustable extension rate and applied load
- Pneumatically operated, two hand safety switches to prevent operator injury
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty