Bally Flex Tester – Cold Capable
Schap’s Bally Flex Tester – Cold Capable evaluates the flexural fatigue resistance of leather, composites, vinyl, surface finishes, and other materials.
This particular flexometer is designed with a smaller footprint, requiring only 22″ (559 mm) of length inside an environmental chamber. Up to 6 specimens are folded and clamped between fixed lower clamps and oscillating upper clamps. Each cycle flexes a crease in the specimen to evaluate the specimen’s propensity to crack, similar to the crease that forms in a shoe’s upper that flexes during walking.
The Bally Flex Tester – Cold Capable is designed to run in an environmental chamber. It comes with a digital temperature display, a digital soak timer, and a digital counter.
The control panel is external to the tester and is connected to the tester with a removable plug. This allows the tester to be placed inside an environmental chamber while the control panel remains outside.
The operator sets the desired temperature, soak time, and cycle counts. When the tester reaches the desired temperature it starts the soak timer. When the soak time is complete the tester automatically starts and runs until the desired cycle counts are reached. A selector switch is provided to disable the temperature display and soak timer allowing the tester to run in ambient lab conditions as well.
Bally Flex Tester – Cold Capable Features:
- Mechanical components are constructed of non-corrosive Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Durable Powder Coat and Anodized finishes
- Precision ball and needle bearings
- Programmable count-up controller with automatic stop
- Adjustable jog and test speed controls
- Compact design requiring only 22″ (559 mm) of length inside the environmental chamber.
- Vented Protective Cover protects operator hands from pinch points
- Supply voltages vary and must be specified at time of purchase
- High quality brushless electric motors
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty