The SCHAP Scratch Tester is used for evaluating a material’s ability to resist scratching. The tester can be supplied with various scratch heads that attach to the neutrally weighted test arm with a quick release set screw for rapid reconfiguration.
The test arm will rotate over 180° from test position to storage position. It is designed to rotate out of the way and rest on a rubber bumper while test samples are installed and removed. The carriage that the test arm is mounted to indexes forward and backward by turning the knurled knob to facilitate multiple test runs per sample without having to remove and reinstall the specimen.
Specimens may be mounted to the test bed with double-stick adhesive tape or the clamp bar. The test bed is activated by the toggle switch located on the front of the tester, and may be moved forward or backward. Proximity switches automatically stop its movement when travel limits are reached.
The base tester can be configured with different geometry scratch tips, scratch speed, and stroke lengths in order to test to other specifications. Contact us for more detail. This is a versatile Scratch tester using test specifications for Honda, Nissan and Hyundai. All 3 can be configured for the Scratch Tester. Specify your configuration above
- Mechanical components are constructed of non-corrosive Aluminum and Solid Stainless Steel
- Durable Powder Coat and Anodized finishes
- Precision ball and needle bearings
- Adjustable test speed controls
- Various scratch heads are available (must be specified at time of purchase)
- Supply voltages vary (must be specified at time of purchase)
- High quality brushless electric motors
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Two handed activation switch to prevent operator injury.
- Includes (1) 175 gram scratch finger (when properly equipped)
- Includes (1) 500 gram scratch finger (when properly equipped)
- Includes (1) 1 kilogram scratch finger (when properly equipped)
- Variable stroke (50 mm or 100 mm).
- Adjustable speed (10 mm, 50 mm, or 100 mm per second).