Scott Crease Flex Tester
The Scott Crease Flex Tester tester is used to determine the degree of finish peeling, crazing, and raveling due to roll flexing. The tester features adjustable clamp distance, stroke length, and test load to meet a variety of test specifications. One set of clamps oscillates perpendicular to the clamps that apply the pressure to the specimens. The clamp distance is set prior to installing specimens. The stroke is zeroed and the specimens are clamped.
The clamps that apply pressure are then cranked towards the oscillating clamps to apply the prescribed force. The force applied to the specimen is indicated by either the standard spring gauge or the highly recommended load cell option. The test is started after the required number of cycles is entered in the count-up controller. Upon completion of the test, the specimens are inspected for signs of visible damage.
Flex Jaw Liner Material available as well upon request.
Scott Crease Flex Tester Features:
- Mechanical components are constructed of Aluminum and Solid Stainless Steel
- Durable Powder Coat and Anodized finishes
- Precision ball and needle bearings
- Programmable count-up controller with automatic stop
- Adjustable jog and test speed controls
- Adjustable stroke and clamp distance
- Optional load cell interface for monitoring test force on specimen during test
- Vented Protective Cover protects operator hands from pinch points
- Supply voltages vary and must be specified at time of purchase
- High quality brushless electric motors
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
Lateral Stroke: 0 – 65mm (adjustable)
Sample Size: 50mm x 165mm (maximum)
Sample Pre-Load: 0 – 40N (adjustable)
Cycle Speed: 0 – 170 Cycles per Min. (adjustable)
Grip Distance: 0 – 63mm (adjustable)
Counter Display: 0 – 999,999 (adjustable)